Nexus Fitness is launching Nexus Yoga, a recovery yoga class that will take place every Sunday from 2:15-3:15 PM at Nexus Fitness. Whether you’re a member or not, you can join us for this awesome class. Read below for details!
What is Recovery Yoga?
Recovery Yoga is a form of yoga that uses stretching to help rehabilitate tired muscles, as well as help those who workout frequently to fight off injuries. This type of yoga in particular is designed to help you get ready for your next workout. It will increase your mobility and ease the soreness after a difficult day at the gym!
Why is yoga important for athletes?
Yoga is known as a type of stretching, but many forget how beneficial the practice can be in many areas of mental and physical fitness. Yoga has been proven to increase an athlete’s overall fitness in several key ways.
- Increased muscle strength and power.
- Proper alignment of the body, enabling athletes to transmit force more efficiently.
- Increased endurance and respiratory capacity as a result of opening up your posture.
- Improved balance and stability as a result of building greater body awareness.
- Reduced chance of injury.
- Expedited recovery from existing injury by allowing muscles to process metabolic byproducts more quickly, which speeds up healing time and re-growth at a faster rate.
What are some of the general benefits of yoga?
Even if you’re not coming off a tough workout or actively seeking recovery, yoga is an important practice for overall mental and physical well-being. See below for a few of the reasons why incorporating yoga into your wellness routine can be beneficial:
- Improves flexibility
- Increases muscle strength
- Perfects posture
- Prevents cartilage and joint breakdown
- Increases blood flow
- Helps maintain focus
- Increases energy
- Improves your balance
- Releases tension where tension grows most
- Eases any pain in the body
- Strengthens your core
- Supports your connective tissue
When and where will Nexus Yoga be offered?
We will host Nexus Yoga classes at Nexus Fitness (187 Oxmoor Road) every Sunday from 2:15-3:15 PM.
How much does Xhale Yoga cost?
If you’re a Nexus Fitness member: You can add Nexus Yoga to your membership by purchasing 5-class pack for $50 ($10/class). Your first yoga class will always be free!
If you’re not a Nexus Fitness member: You can sign up as a for an Nexus Yoga 5-class pack for $50 ($10/class). Your first yoga class will always be free!
How can I get involved in Nexus Yoga?
We will host Nexus Yoga classes every Sunday from 2:15-3:15 PM. We’re kicking everything off with a special Nexus Yoga class is on May 5th.
Our Xhale class on May 5 will feature a one-hour recovery yoga class, followed by a Cinco De Mayo celebration. We will be providing beer for everyone, but we encourage you to BYOTequila if you want to get into the holiday spirit!
We’re asking everyone to RSVP through our Eventbrite, but you’re welcome to show up without a reservation.
How can I sign up for my Nexus Yoga 5-class pack?
- Visit ZenPlanner: https://nexusbirmingham.sites.zenplanner.com
- Navigate to “Sign Up”
3. Find “Nexus Yoga” in the menu
4. Fill out your information
5. You’re in!
What do I need to bring to Nexus Yoga?
Please bring your own mat and comfortable workout clothes.
We hope to see you there!